Minimum amount: $500!
Rates subject to change without notice.
Bring new money to MTL to secure these rates. Call now: 306-945-2080.
Are you getting great advice?
The world of finance can be confusing.
“Should I pay down the mortgage, or save for retirement, or both? Where does saving for a house fit in? What about my child’s education fund? Am I paying too much in taxes? Where do GICs fit into my plan, or mutual funds?”
A competent advisor will sort out your goals and priorities and direct you to the products that fit you. The result is financial peace.
A Great Advisor:
- Helps you set goals for retirement, education, housing, debt repayment and other priorities. How much will you need?
- Helps you reach goals. How much should you save or spend?
- Helps you manage risk. You sleep well even when markets decline.
- Considers your life situation and adjusts the plan as needed.
- Reviews your taxes and gives appropriate direction.
- Puts your needs first, and connects with you regularly for review, regardless of the size of your account.
- Has longevity. You’re not always meeting with someone new.
We offer professional advice. Your first appointment is always free. For more information on our personalized investment service, click here.
Better advice means better results.
Should I use an RRSP or a TFSA to save for retirement?
An RRSP may be best for you if:
- You have earned income, typically over $45,000. When you contribute to an RRSP, you will then receive a tax break for the year you contribute. In future years, you may be able to withdraw the funds at a lower tax rate. Remember that with an RRSP, you get a tax deduction when you contribute, at your current marginal rate. However, you pay tax on any withdrawal.
- You have RRSP room beyond any employer amounts. The combined amounts for a given year cannot exceed 18% of your income for the prior year.
- You have an immediate use for a tax refund.
A TFSA may be best for you if:
- You are currently in a lower tax bracket, typically under $45,000.
- You like the flexibility of withdrawing the funds without tax consequences.
- You have room to contribute! In 2019, the amount per year is now $6,000. You may have up to $63,500 in lifetime room.
GICs are a safe, low risk product suitable for short to medium range goals. At Mennonite Trust, we also have many other investment options, which may suit your portfolio needs better. We provide personalized service regardless of the amount in your account. We want to help you succeed.
To take advantage of our services and specials, please call 1-877-945-2081, or contact us via email or visit an office near you.
Personal. Professional. Purposeful.