Are you over 18? Then a Will is one of those documents you should keep current.
True, it won’t affect you! Your effort to make a Will shows you care about the people in your life, or causes you are passionate about. With a properly drafted Will in place, your estate can have a significant impact on those you care about most. They will be in charge of making sure all of your possessions and financial details are looked after. A Will makes this painstaking and difficult job substantially so much easier and less stressful.
Additionally, you may have other significant matters to direct — from guardians for minor children, to recipients of personal items, to making provisions for those who die before you. Whether you’re just starting out in life or enjoying your retirement, making a Will is always a smart choice. Look at the reasons below.
A Will Enables you to:
- Choose an executor who will manage and distribute your estate after you are gone.
- Choose who takes care of your minor children (instead of having the courts decide). You can decide trust terms and make choices about how your insurance is directed.
- Provide continuing care for any disabled children with special trusts.
- Choose who receives your specific assets, or even make provisions for a pet.
- Give to any charities you choose.
- Avoid certain taxes which may otherwise be payable.
- Possibly reduce / avoid Probate.
- Transfer (rollover) a business or farm to a spouse or child.
Book your Estate Planning Appointment today!
Please phone the office of your choice (see below) to make your Estate Planning Appointment today. Or, use the contact form to ask further questions or have us call you. More details about cost and how to prepare for the appointment click here: Your Estate Planning Session.
Our receptionist will send you a preparation package to make the best use of our planning time together. You’ll be glad to have this done professionally!