A common question regarding wills is “Why do I need a Will?” After all, a Will deals with your life after it’s over. Why should you care what happens then?
The reason you need a Will is because it can have a significant impact on those you care about most. They are the ones left to sort through, organize, and dispose of your possessions and dealings. A Will can make this painstaking and difficult job substantially easier and less stressful.
Additionally, there are areas of many people’s lives that they want dealt with in a very particular manner — anything from guardians for minor children, to who gets what in terms of money and property . Whether you’re just starting out in life or enjoying that well-deserved vacation known as retirement, there are a number of very good reasons why making a Will is a smart choice.
A Will Enables you to:
- Choose an executor who will manage and distribute your estate after you are gone.
- Choose who takes care of your minor children (instead of having the courts decide)
- Choose who receives your assets
- Provide continuing care for any disabled children with special trusts
- Give to any charities you choose
- Possibly reduce the taxes your estate will pay
- Possibly reduce / avoid Probate
- Transfer (rollover) a business or farm to a spouse or child
Book your Will Appointment
Please phone the office of your choice (see below) to make your Estate Planning Appointment today. Or, use the contact form to ask further questions or have us call you. More details about cost and how to prepare for the appointment click here: Your Estate Planning Session.
Our receptionist will send you a preparation package to make the best use of our planning time together. You’ll be glad to have this done!