A common question regarding wills is “Why do I need a Will?” After all, a Will deals with your life after it’s over. Why should you care what happens then?
The reason you need a Will is because it can have a significant impact on those you care about most. They are the ones left to sort through, organize, and dispose of your possessions and dealings. A Will can make this painstaking and difficult job substantially easier and less stressful.
Additionally, there are areas of many people’s lives that they want dealt with in a very particular manner — anything from guardians for minor children, to who gets what in terms of money and property . Whether you’re just starting out in life or enjoying that well-deserved vacation known as retirement, there are a number of very good reasons why making a Will is a smart choice.
Important Abilities of a Will to:
- Choose an executor who will manage and distribute your estate after you are gone.
- Choose who takes care of your minor children (instead of having the courts decide)
- Choose who receives your assets
- Provide continuing care for any disabled children with special trusts
- Give to any charities you choose
- Possibly reduce the taxes your estate will pay
- Possibly reduce / avoid Probate
- Transfer (rollover) a business or farm to a spouse or child
Book your Will appointment today!
Please contact us to make your will appointment today. Appointments generally take up to an hour, but if you download & complete your Personal Affairs Record and bring it along to your MTL Will Appointment it will generally save a significant amount of time in the appointment.