What does this mean for getting my income tax done?
We are still preparing income tax returns for our clients, but the drop-offs and pick-ups will be a little different effective immediately. So too, will the payment options be a little different. Here is how it will look:
Bringing your documents
You have two options:
- Drop-off – Enclose all of your slips & tax documents in an envelope and drop it off at our office. Please put your name, phone number, and email address on the envelope.
- Waldheim office has an after-hours drop slot on the side of the building beside the front door. Use that at any time. We will continually check it throughout the day.
- Saskatoon office will have a lock-box outside the front door.
- Swift Current office has a slot in the mall.
- E-mail – Scan all of your documents as a PDF and email to email@example.com.
- Only send PDF documents, please do not send pictures.
- If you don’t have a scanner, you could try using a scanning app for your phone (Adobe Scan and TinyScanner are two options).
There are two options for pick-up:
- E-mail – We will email you the necessary forms that need your signature.
- You can print the forms, sign them, and email them back (or regular mail).
- You can pick up your physical file at a later date when our doors are open again. (This will not delay the filing of your tax return.)
- Mail – We can mail you your tax file. You will then need to sign the necessary forms and mail back to us. (This option will have a $5 mailing surcharge added to your invoice.)
Two options available for payment of our MTL invoice:
- E-transfer – Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your Invoice Number in the “Message” field/box.
- Cheque – mail to our office, payable to Mennonite Trust Ltd.
- Include a note with your MTL invoice number or put it in the memo line on your cheque.
Note that we cannot e-file your tax return until we have received your payment, AND the necessary signed forms.
We thank you for your patience, and your cooperation during an unusual time! We are so impressed with the response so far. If you have any questions, please feel at ease to call or email us.
Tax rules change every year and it can be time-consuming to keep up. With professional help, you can be assured that your return is prepared to your greatest advantage. We can help you with a variety of tax situations:
- Personal Income Tax
- Farm Returns
- Small Business Returns
- Estate Final Returns
- Estate T3 Trust Returns
Our experienced team of tax consultants will work with you to complete your tax return. We can explain tax rules to you and answer any questions you have. In many cases we can find tax deductions others miss. We often recommend ways to save taxes at no extra charge. If CRA audits any piece of your tax picture, we can represent you or walk yo
u through your response. We want to minimize your tax bill.
Estate Income Tax
Mennonite Trust exists for the purpose of helping people with estate work. Preparing estate tax returns is a large responsibility for an executor. With our extensive experience in estate administration we’ve developed a level of estate tax expertise that many accounting firms lack. So, whether you’re using our estate administration services or n
ot, we can help you with your estate tax work.
We don’t charge you more for extra slips and forms for most tax returns. A surcharge only applies when the tax return takes considerably more time to complete than the average. And, unlike other firms, we file electronically for no extra fees.
TYPE OF RETURN
Rates as of Jan 1, 2020, subject to GST & PST
|Basic personal returns — no additional costs for extra receipts or slips.||$94.59|
|Guaranteed Income Supplement recipient returns||$65.00|
|Hourly fee for farm, and business returns, complex personal returns.||$189.18/hour|
|Mennonite Trust a executor or agent to executor, charging by percent||included|
|Estate tax returns when serving by the hour||$225/hour|
At this time we do not prepare corporate returns.